Counter-Clockwise Forwards In Reverse.


This week I make a tough decision to put aside my worrying about the items that I missed documenting in 2015, which enabled me to create a cover page in my current 6x8 Simple Stories SNAP! album.  I used mostly Elle's Studio 3x4 cards, but as you know I like to mix it up with different designers and companies.

My plan is to work counter-clockwise, forwards in reverse... is what I'm calling it.  I will do current pocket layouts as I go back in time.  There are a few photos I've already printed, tucked ravagely in a Target Dollar Spot accordion file folder, and are patiently waiting to be documented.  I would either use in my album or make mini TN layouts.

I came to the conclusion that the more I worry about the photos I have not yet scrapbooked, the more time I waste in not actually getting started doing so.  I'm not concerned about what goes where anymore.  I'm not thinking about chronological order.  The fact that I'm dealing with pockets allows my cards to move around if need be.  If I can work my way forward and backwards, I can knock them out at the same time, fill my album and be ready to scrapbook my 2016 December Daily by Labor Day...
...like last year...
<<ahem>>
No judgements from you, right?!

If you go to the middle of my album you will find a July 2016 family movie date page and the very next page starts the new year.
I used two 4x6 cards from 2 different collections.  One is Project Life, the other is Simple Stories.  I added a few embellies from Elle's Studio, Amy Tangerine and American Crafts, and used one of my favorite NYE photos.  I have 1 other NYE photo to add, but as you know, things will get moved around, and oddly enough, I'm not sure I even have that one printed.

The page below is immediately following the one above, it's a double spread because there was much to document.  Our annual fair event is the highlight of our 21-Day-Fast Finale... hehe... next year I think I'll start the fast on Jan 2nd, to enjoy more days with that delicious PRETZEL!

I used yellows, mint/teals with accents of red, and mainly Elle's Studio cards.  I happen to be such a fan that I finally buckled and go on board with the subscription kit.  Other than the $10 IPSY sub I had a year ago, this will be the first one I try.  It will be my first scrapbook one I try.  I love all of their products, their stamps, acrylics, wood veneers (which I hate that they're kinda dying out), and alpha stickers, I may have doubles of each color.  So why not grab their anniversary deal which is running all month long?  You'll receive an exclusive set of cards and a pen.  It's all limited so I suggest you get started on your Elle's Studio journey.
I'm not stressed or anxious about my random scrapbooking.  As long as my phone records the dates, I'll be able to catch up at my own pace.

Stay tuned for another pocket page post this week!

-AtStudioD

No comments