New Washi Storage.

Washi has taken over my world.  To the point where I have tried 3 different storage solutions for it.  They multiply, like Gremlins.  And even though we will probably NEVER use up all of it, we still are lured in by their pretty colors and magical prints.  My main concern was not using all the tapes.  I dreaded digging through the mountains of it.  I lost count sometime after 207.  Not something to be proud of, folks.



For the past 2 months I had been thinking about how I would update this [yet again], but it wasn't until today (at around 7:06pm to be exact), that I saw a photo posted on Facebook by my gal-pal, Kanani, of her updated washi storage.  First I fainted and then I frowned.  I knew it was probably some wicked cool contraption she found at her grandmother's house during one of her prior visits, that she easily painted white and repurposed.  I was so glad to be wrong.  
Spice Stack is EXACTLY what I had envisioned being the perfect washi storage solution, and can be purchased either on Amazon for $35 or Bed Bath & Beyond for $25. [look in the Kitchen section]


The difference is the amount of rows in each rack.  Google it.


Oh, but it is TRUE!!  I placed each tape in ROYGBV order, and also in the order that they are in my Washi Catalogue ...  [cuz I'm psycho like that]... and with the help of hubby, was finished in less than an hour. 



2 small racks fit over 260 washi tapes,
and there's still the bottom right tray that's completely empty.
I estimate that 1 small unit will hold from 125 - 140 rolls, depending on the width.
 


The amount of questions and comments I received on Instagram (which is where I first shared these photos), were so much that I decided to share it all here in one spot, so that my friends, fellow SMASH*aholics, bloggies and even strangers who PIN (hehe), can also benefit from this information.

I'm so excited that I wanna SHOUT ABOUT THIS FROM THE ROOFTOPS!!!
... oh, but not until I get 1 more rack.
Because as you know, washi tape is addictive and stunning and has powers over us, lol.


post signature


Follow on Bloglovin

9 comments

Sally Dowen said...

All i can is WOW. You and your hubby did a good job sorting... Thanks for sharing it is a great idea.

AtStudioD said...

@Sally Dowen Thanks. I ran to the store. lol. He was just so happy for me, that I finally found the perfect system. Plus he likes putting things together and assembling. :)

Lizvette said...

Clever idea and looks awesome. Easier to find.

Terrie Wistrom said...

Hey Damaris that is so cool would ribbon rolls fit in there? or would they be to large...Hugs Terrie

Tina Campbell said...

Nice! Oh thanks for that tip and it looks like it would sit so nice on a desk too.

~ Jo ~ said...

This is definitely a great way to store your washi tape! Good find and thank you for sharing! You did a great job!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Leah l'Orange said...

what a FABULOUS storage solution for them! i'm looking for some tiered cake trays for mine, but my stash is NOTHING like yours!

clever girl. xo

Cathy Vee said...

Awesome awesome awesome!!

Sue said...

Jusrt found your fab blog by watching one of your videos on YouTube. I am new to Washi Tape, but already an addict:)

When I saw your Spice Stack storage idea, I knew I had to see if I could get it here in england.....Amazon sell them, so I will be ordering a couple.

Have added your blog to my blog list, so look forward to dropping by.