Baby Alina.

My husband's sister Daisy is the sweetest, nicest, coolest and most genuine lady.  She and her husband have been married for about 20 years and have not been able to have children.  They had been working on adopting a child for maybe more than a year now.  Just before Christmas they were set to have a newborn baby girl, but at the last minute the mother decided to keep the baby.  It was so heart breaking.

But I believe that God has everything under control and if we have faith and wait for His timing, things will turn out as originally planned.

Last week she received a call that another mother saw their profile and felt in her heart that they should be the parents of her baby.  Such a touching story about the mother that I won't get into for privacy reasons, but I am so happy to announce that now we have a new niece.

As soon as we found out, we went straight to Target and got Alina tons of baby clothes and diapers.  I fell in love with all the adorable clothes.  And being the stylish coquetta (coquetish) Titi (auntie) that I am, I got her some cute neon pieces.. hehe.



We made plans to drive up to their home after church today, and was all ready to pack her goodies and be on our way when I remembered I hadn't made a card.  There was 1 baby girl card that I made last year and still had, but I wanted this one to be unique and new.  So I remembered those adorable cards I had seen on Pinterest.  The ones that are made to look like baby dressers.  I took a quick mental note and got to work.

Using Scrap Happy Ohio's Pink Lemonade Card base and ink pad, I was able to put together this cute baby girl card.  I used their pink lemonade ink pad instead of distress ink because I wanted it to be just a tad darker.  Their ink matches their cards and cardstock perfectly.  I added stickers and rub-ons from my stash.  It was such a quick card to make and she loved it so much.






We had such a great time holding Alina, feeding her and taking pix.  I can't wait to see her again, she was just so precious and adorable and TINY!!


Thanks for checking in and if you are interested on how I made the card, I can show you but I'm sure there are tons of tutorials on Pinterest that do so already.  I'm not sure because I didn't check.

Take care and stay tuned for another Scrap Happy Ohio DT card during the week.

post signature

9 comments

jessica said...

Awwwww....she is gorgeous!! Congrats to your SIL and her new family!!!
I can tell you are going to be the BEST Aunt EVER!!! She is very lucky to have your family to grow up in!!!
I LOVE that adorable card and know it brought such happiness to your SIL!!
Congrats to the newest addition to your family!!!

Becky said...

Awe! Super cute card!!! Congrats on becoming and Aunty yo a beautiful lil Girl! :)

Teri said...

What a special, happy time for your family!!! Congratulations!! The card is beyond adorable, but that baby steals the post!! LOL!!!
Hugs,
Teri

Kimberly J said...

That is the most adorable card ever!

Berina RGA said...

She is soo cute!! ans so is your card!!

Robin said...

She's so beautiful! I had the same thing happen to me and now my beautiful baby girl has graduated from college and started her own life. This is such a gift from God to have a child and be able to raise her to a beautiful woman. Treasure her always and capture every moment you can. Hugs, Robin

Pam said...

How sweet, she is beautiful and so is your darling card!
Pam
scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

cdm317 said...

What a sweet little angel! Congrats to your family. I love the card you've created, what a lovely keepsake for the baby!

The Coco Martha said...

awww. what a beautiful story.