So Happy...

.... to be coloring again, hehe.
It seems all I've been working on is my smashbooks and my shopping addiction - lol.  It feels so good to make a card, just because.

I have had this Some Odd Girl image since it came out, but with all the busyness of shopping & packing for NY, I didn't have/make time to color her in.  To be honest I was a bit intimidated, only because I really wanted the bicycle to look realistic.  And what was more difficult than that (for me) was her hair.  The more I practice coloring, the more I try to challenge myself.  This time I tried to create some depth in her roots and some "shine".  I even added a NOSE!!  Something I NEVER do.  LOL.  Just because I notice that the SOG DT members usually elongate the digi's noses, and I wanted to respect and honor that.  I thought it was going to look weird, but it came out cute!


I decided to create a different shaped card and design an "outdoor" scenario for "Bicycle Kaylee", using the new "So Happy Together" paper pad by Echo Park.  The sentiment is a 7 Gypsies rub-on and the sun, clouds & grass were punched with Fiskars punches.  I added faux stitching (as always), and finished off the inside with a circle and more of that adorable sky view.



It's so fun and bright and makes me happy to look at.

I will be sharing my Amy Tangerine "New York" Daybook soon.  It's very bulky and full of tons of pix and memories... hopefully you'll be back to check it out.

Take care.
x0, Damaris



Challenges

1.  Designed To Color - "Scene It".

3 comments

Beth aka BR-T said...

Oh this card is splendid I love the image and the bike came out terrific!

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

OMG, This card is gorgeous I love the diecut shape. The image and the colo4rs are super cute.

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oh wow! I love how you created a scene on the shaped card! What a wonderful job and it's so darling! Love that you decorated the inside too! Thanks so much for sharing it with us during our Theme Week at Designed to Color

Color Crew Lisa
Designed to Color Magazine