Ooh La La Paris!!

Bonjour Bloggers... hehe.

To keep with the "Parisian" theme I've been feeling lately, I decided to alter a KaiserCraft Large Desk Organizer that I purchased in order to have more places to put things on my Smash Table.  


When I bought this thing, which was $20 incidentally, I had NO IDEA it did not come assembled.  So that and painting it (alone) took a day.  I decided to let it be (which is unlike me since I like to finish projects the same day), and start on it today again.

I had no clue how I was going to decorate it, but I knew I would be using the "My Favorite Things" 12x12 pad by Recollections that I bought at Michaels earlier in the year.  


I immediately fell in love with this pad when I first saw it and had forgotten about it.  So as I dug through my 12x12 pads in search of something that stood out, I found this one.  I immediately got to cutting, glueing and embellishing.  The hardest part (if I had to choose one, because honestly everything was difficult - lol), was deciding how I wanted to decorate the little boxes.

I fussy-cut some pieces from the paper and used them as touches all around.  I punched out the banners in the back section with a Fiskars punch and added Rina Bling from KarlaS001's etsy shop.  

Anyway, let's get to the project.  The following photos kinda take you through the process, I got so wrapped up in doing it that I forgot to take photos of more of the steps... hehe.  At first I spray painted it in white, but I changed it later to black.


I glued everything with E600 glue.  











Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.  I'd love to know what you think, so kindly leave me a comment.

Je t'aime, Damaris


Here's a video showing you the project and where I have it on my Smash Desk.




9 comments

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

It looks really nice. Love it. You should be very proud of the outcome. It looks great.
TFS Ana

Ivy said...

So cute....I wanna make one!!!

Evethmoon Crafty Creations said...

OOH LA LA, came out very nice. I would love to visit France one day. Congrats on joining the SNSC design team. I am going to check out their digi stamps. HUgs and God bless!

Becky Dunham said...

Sweet project Damaris! I love it! Where did you get that lovely piece for $20? If you don't mind my asking :)

AtStudioD said...

Thanks Becky. I got it at www.Scrapbooking-Warehouse.com. =)

Unknown said...

Awesome project! Thanks for sharing :)

Sharon said...

I thought I had commented on this, but I guess it was somewhere else you posted? I'm not sure, it's hard to keep track of everything lol. But I think you did a great job on this.

Sharon said...

I thought I had commented on this, but I guess it was somewhere else you posted? I'm not sure, it's hard to keep track of everything lol. But I think you did a great job on this.

JustYolie said...

Holy smokes!!! I want one!! You did an AMAZING job!!!