Beach Bum Layout

Hi Bloggers.

Last week I shared a layout with you "Family" that I chose to use for the Blog Hop, but today's layout was the original layout I made for the hop.  For some reason I thought it was too "childish" or too "whimsical" to share in a hop, so I opted to make the one you saw prior.

(click photos to enlarge)


To be honest this fun, childish and whimsical type of crafting is how I started many years ago.  I like just adding random pieces from different collections together and using bright fun colors.  I like that I don't have to distress anything or do many techniques to finish a quick layout.  It's something that I tend to gravitate towards when I want to put together something quick and something just for me.  I do also like to take my time on shabby and vintage layouts, but my kinda (easy) style has always been this one.  I think that's why I love the idea of smashbooks!?  Most of this layout involved lots of fussy-cutting and placing the pieces in just the right spots.





Anyway, since I made this about 2 weeks ago (or more), I don't remember everything I used, so I won't be listing any supplies today.  But I will say that the 12x12 paper comes from My Mind's Eye "Follow Your Heart" collection and most of the products used came from Bella Blvd... which is a company that creates collections similar to Echo Park, Little Yellow Bicycle and My Little Shoebox; fun, bright and youthful.  

Maybe this layout will inspire you to dig out your beach photos from last year (or this year if you live in a warmer climate) and get to scrapping them!!  A layout doesn't have to take 3 days or even 3 hours to complete, just a few pictures mixed with a few fun pieces and your layout is done!

Thanks for joining me again today.  Tomorrow you'll get to see this week's Karber DT card.  Until then, have a wonderful Sunday.

x0, Damaris

1 comment

Scrappy Pink Corner said...

Really cute layout. Gio looks like he was having a blast.
These types of layouts are the most challenging at times. To mix and match and yet everything goes so well together.
Ana